Sunday 15 March 2015

Britannia - Joystick Generation

This was my favourite episode of games Britannia so far, I had so much nostalgia watching all the old games I used to play as a child in the 90s. I think this episode really shows how gaming is transforming peoples lives and connecting us. With the rise of Xbox live and other platforms for social gaming people have been making friends from different cultures and countries. Its the social side of gaming that most interests me, how people from different backgrounds can work together and complete complex tasks.Sometimes the people your working with do not even speak the same language or their is no communication at all.

The main point I pulled from this episode is that games are still evolving with the soon to be released Oculus Rift and other virtual reality devices a whole new generation of immersive games will be released. You will not be viewing the games strange and exotic worlds you will be in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment