Wednesday 28 January 2015

Tafl Iteration

For the ancient board game iteration I will be trying to focus on balancing the game. I first started by looking what others had tried. I liked the idea of a bidding mechanic so I started there. I decided that each player would have 10 tokens and at the start of every turn would be a bidding round, you could bid any amount of tokens who ever bid the most gets to move. after some play testing I decided that these counters should be reset every third move that way you had to think three move ahead which added a lot more strategy to the game.

I am also going to put special squares on the board, if you land on one you get an extra token to bid with. I placed these central on the board to try and take some of the game play away from the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment